BlogginBenjamin

Die multikulturellen Anwandlungen eines durchschnittlich-deutschen Kleinbürgers, der auf großem Fuß lebt und denselben mit Vorliebe in den mannigfaltigen Fettnäpfchen der Englischen Sprache platziert, wobei allein seine Muttersprache ausreichend Probleme für ihn bereit hielte um ihn per Volksentscheid ausbürgern zu lassen. Seinen ehemaligen Lehrern dankend.

Montag, Februar 27, 2006

Here we go

Hi folks,
this is the first post of my new blogg.
I got the motivation to open an own blogg during the time of my traineeship in India (Aug 05 - Feb 06).
The blogg will be partially in English (especially for my "Indian" friends from all around the world) and partially in German (because that's my mothertongue, and I feel more comfortable when writing in this neat language).
I am looking forward to the day when I will move back to my own flat with the corresponding internet flatrate.
Then I will give full throttle or how does one say?

Until then: Namaste, See ya, Bis denn
Ben

10 Comments:

At Dienstag, Februar 28, 2006 5:53:00 PM, Blogger kent said...

Guten Tag.

Nice blog name, Benjamin. Sounds familiar, but I just can't think of where I've heard it.

There are plenty of ways to say, "full throttle."

1. Go full bore
2. Give'er blood and vinegar
3. Give'er sh**
4. Go nuts
5. Put the pedal to the metal
6. Do it up

That's all I can think of right now. Lotsa slang, eh?

 
At Dienstag, Februar 28, 2006 6:14:00 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

Are you trying to imply something?
Are you?
Well, okay, I must admit that I... was... inspired... by a certain canadian blogger...
I think I will stick to "Put the pedal to the metal".
Would it be better slang if I added an "eh"?
But then I would have to put it as a question, eh?
Whatever, I just want to add that I didn't have to come up with a meat-eating reorientation schedule after my time in India. I could start just like that...

Keep it up Kent!

 
At Mittwoch, März 01, 2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Samantha Lee said...

LOL guys! Congrats on your new blog, Ben. I look forward to reading about your life in Germany. And I noticed one of my words slipping into your vocabulary... neat! You can also say neato! But that might be a little geeky. Kent, what do you think?

 
At Mittwoch, März 01, 2006 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

sian... today wanted to go watch movie but then too late le ... all shows about 4 pm then start... by the time 6pm, late le ... then went to play basketball... sian keep shooting out of the ring... yesterday keep shooting in toda

 
At Mittwoch, März 01, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger kent said...

Honestly, neato is less geeky than neat in my opinion. I think it has something to do with the 2 syllables...you can add your own personal method of saying it.

Are you dis-ing my meat re-orientation scheme? Some of us actually ate in India and got accustomed to veg all the time.

What's with the anonymous comment?

 
At Mittwoch, März 01, 2006 6:19:00 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

I think the anonymous poster (who shouldn't be too anonymously, because I thought I would deny ano. posts...) just wanted to add some intellectual spice to this admittedly naked blog.
And "50 Kent", brotha, I didn't wanna dis anyone around.

Keep it up you lovely Canadians

 
At Donnerstag, März 02, 2006 7:20:00 AM, Blogger kent said...

Word, Bejizzle Schmizzle...I'm just keepin' it real.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

 
At Freitag, März 03, 2006 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

Take a look at this page, to see that you don't have to worry about asking a question when you feel inclined to use "eh". Just let it fly.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kcic1/canisms.html

Then go down the page to read about knowing you are a Canadian when:

"You frequently clean grease off your barbecue so the bears won't prowl on your deck."

That's like so er neat, eh?

 
At Mittwoch, März 15, 2006 3:41:00 PM, Blogger Marty4 said...

sprechen Sie Deutsches der Gälisch
Ich spreche Deutsches dort bin keine Notwendigkeit am englischen Scheißelangauage.

My German is very good like my Gaelic. will be as good as Sethi soon

 
At Mittwoch, März 15, 2006 4:43:00 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

Wow, Marty...
That's nearly Esperanto.
You are a real cosmopolitan.
Although I don't completely understand, what you were trying to say. ;)
Maybe it was something like this:
"Sprechen Sie Deutsch oder Gälisch?"
"Ich spreche Deutsch, denn ich sehe nicht die Notwendigkeit der englischen scheiss Sprache."
But Sethi can't compete with you when it comes to your knowledge of the german language.

B.t.w. nice profile-picture

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home