Something for the Canadian in us
This goes out to all those Canadians, the nice people on the North American continent.
The story was seen on http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzkultur/0,1518,407120,00.html
I don't now, if you know Michael Manu from Winnipeg, but this guy wrote a song called "Tell me wut u want" last summer.
He put it on his homepage and forgot about it...
Now there are some kids in Germany who have released a single named "Wo bist Du, mein Sonnenlischt?" or s.th. like "Where are you, my sunshshshine" (no error here ;) ).
To make it short: They suck! It so torturous to listen to them... but their single is a hit.
Every idiot downloads their ringtone or the video or buys their CD.
Oh, yes, the band name is "Grup Tekkan".
http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,598885,00.jpg
There is also a link to the videos at http://www.spiegel.de/videoplayer/0,6298,10614,00.html
Four days ahead of the release the publisher contacted Manu to accept the copy of his song.
Manu stayed cool and said it's fine for him, if everyone gets s.th. to eat (Freely translated back into the Canadian language).
At this time Germany is flooded with songversions spoofing "Grup Tekkan".
What leaves me to say "Sorry, still no good reason for a little war...".

7 Comments:
All thats well and good, I love that canadian show Due South with the Mountee in Chicago as well. But what I want to know is why is your blog is that sickly green color (I spelt this the America way should be colour).
Correction there is Irish in the Canadians but no Canadian blood in me.
There is a lot of Irish in the eastern versions of us. I'll listen to that song soon, but it sounds ridiculous.
Due South? What a stereotypical nightmare that is...funny, though.
Hey! Don't dis Due South! All Canadians politely hold doors open for people for hours at a time.
How come you don't update your blog?
Get off your fat, chocolate-laden a$$ and type some funny story for us all to enjoy. Bitte (is that the right spelling?).
No wonder they lost the war. They just eat chocolate all day. I'm glad I lost no war. :)
@samantha: And if nobody tells them they don't stop holding at all (only the Canadians from the west ;)).
@kent: Watch what ya say, partner, it's a small earth. don't play games wit' ya life, nigga, it's not worth... (where do I have that from? ;)).
@marty: I would never answer you back, member of the Irish people, who rule the Eurovision Song Contest... and produce such an excellent whiskey.
Say My Name by Xzibit and Eminem. I'm impressed you were able to bring that reference to the table.
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home