Can't watch the Flash movies on this site under Linux?
Hey, isn't that annoying?
You are running the best OS ever on your computer, but the mean guys from Adobe don't supply you with the latest Flash player plugin for your F'fox.
Well, the sad times are over now. Here I will show you how to get everything running under a Debian based Linux system with wine and Firefox.
Step 1: Go get wine and the necessary fonts as root with sudo apt-get install wine msttcorefonts
Step 2: Download Firefox and the Flash 9 (!!!) plugin, wget http://ftp-mozilla.netscape.com/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/
releases/1.5.0.6/win32/de/Firefox%20Setup%201.5.0.6.exe, then wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/
current/fp9_beta/install_flash_player_9_beta.exe
Please note that I had to insert linebreaks in order to make the links look acceptable!
Step 3: Install'em with wine Firefox\ Setup\ 1.5.0.6.exe and wine install_flash_player_9_beta.exe
Step 4: Launch Firefox and enjoy, wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe
Wow, that's incredibly flawless... In Step 3 you'll have to tell the plugin where the Firefox plugin-subdirectory is situated, but that's all.
That's what I call neat and sweet. Who needs Windows anymore? That leads me to one of the next subject I am going to cope with: How to create your own Flash-stuff under Linux with MTASC.
Till then: Happy commandlining!

0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home