Loc@lBit is over
Is there anybody out there knowing what the Loc@lBit is? No? Good. I did not know it either until our AIESEC- LC (Local Committee) decided to go there to aquire some new contacts.
You can imagine the Loc@lBit as a microscopic version of the CeBit in Hannover.
And when I am writing "microscopic" I do not mean microscopes you get in touch with as a pupil. I mean a kind of microscope with which you can watch bacteria writing cribs.
The whole event fit into one room of the city hall plus three tiny rooms for presentations.
But it was kind of interesting to talk to regional employers. Don't forget, I am already keeping my eyes peeled regarding future jobs.
One disturbing thing about our recruitment was that our girlie team denoted a galactic success, while our reputable men of honour miserably failed. I do not want to speculate about reasons like plunging necklines and Elvis- shaped sweat stains respectively or the smell of perfume versus a natural hair coat (If you know me, you will realize that I am not speaking of myself, since hair does not seem to be part of my concept.).
In the end we have had quite a few success stories besides some loss of dignity in addition to interesting and awfully boring presentations.
I would call it a good investment in our future and the future of AIESEC, and I hope this event will grow bigger, more important and better over the next years.

0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home