BlogginBenjamin

Die multikulturellen Anwandlungen eines durchschnittlich-deutschen Kleinbürgers, der auf großem Fuß lebt und denselben mit Vorliebe in den mannigfaltigen Fettnäpfchen der Englischen Sprache platziert, wobei allein seine Muttersprache ausreichend Probleme für ihn bereit hielte um ihn per Volksentscheid ausbürgern zu lassen. Seinen ehemaligen Lehrern dankend.

Montag, Mai 22, 2006

Eurovision Songcontest is over...

Yikes, Germany did not, I repeat, did not win the contest. How could that happen?
Well, I can try to guess.
On the one hand there are all those eastern european countries who vote for each other, who would have thought that?
On the other hand nobody seems to like Germans very much in Europe, because you have to admit that our song this year was a clear favourite.
But if you have neighbours like - excuse me - Austria, Switzerland, France, Poland, and so on, you don't have a chance.
We are fifteenth, and who helped us extremely to get this far?
Ryan and his people. You know who I mean? The neighbours of the Irish, the guys from the rainy island, sometimes degradingly called "Island monkeys".
Thank you, GB!

But who can complain in the light of the finnish victory?
The Eurovision Songcontest 2006 has been the greatest one ever.
Rock is not dead, it seems to be undead.
Lordi and their "Hardrock Hallelujah" was a song even my father liked - somehow.
Monsters on the stage, Bambis in the interview.
Just the ending was a little weak, when one of the band jumped around on the stage like an elk (or moose ;)) on speed after hearing of their success.

And last but not least thank you Nina (and all of the other Islandic dozen) for giving 12 points to Germany.
Although I don't know where your country is situated I am very impressed by your good taste. ;)

4 Comments:

At Samstag, Mai 27, 2006 4:15:00 PM, Blogger Nielsen said...

Benjamin!!!
I did not realize that we gave you "Du pwah" How generous of us.
The show was at 4 o´clock in the morning here in Tokyo, so I had to wake up for it... not easy, I can tell you.

Though, I only watched the preliminary contest (yes, some countries do actually have to qualify for the finals - in stead of paying money for it, like some other nations...).

And, since our wonderful Silvia Night said "FUCK YOU" about a million times during rehersals, people didn´t feel much sympathy for her and her performance.

They even "booed" at her before her performance - how rude!!!

So... we did not make it into the finals and so - I didn´t watch them.

How did Deutschland do?

 
At Samstag, Mai 27, 2006 4:18:00 PM, Blogger Nielsen said...

Warte mal - Warte mal!!!

What do you mean by "I don´t know where your country is situated"???

You mean, music-taste wise
or geographically wise?

I am very confuzed!

 
At Samstag, Juni 03, 2006 2:29:00 AM, Blogger benjamin said...

I have watched Silvia Night on youtube.com and nearly split my sides laughing.
This woman is f***ing ridiculous.
She somehow could star in a Björk lookalike contest and the Bloodhound Gang would turn pink when she starts talking.
The best was, when her bodyguards took one guy away during the interview...
Deutschland finished fifteenth or something like that. At least we got a few points, though I still don't know if those points were given intentionally...

Keine Panik, the part when I wrote that I didn't know where your country is situated was just a ... joke... since everyone knows where it is (thanks to google) ;)

But, yeah, what's the predominant music-taste in Iceland?

Are you missing your sheep in Japan?

 
At Montag, Juni 12, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Nielsen said...

Predominant music taste... hmmm... well, not country - that´s for sure.

If you are interested in Icelandic music then you should check out Sigur Rós (alternative) and Jeff Who? (soft rock) to name a few.

Ofcourse I´m missing my sharfe terribly :(

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home