BlogginBenjamin

Die multikulturellen Anwandlungen eines durchschnittlich-deutschen Kleinbürgers, der auf großem Fuß lebt und denselben mit Vorliebe in den mannigfaltigen Fettnäpfchen der Englischen Sprache platziert, wobei allein seine Muttersprache ausreichend Probleme für ihn bereit hielte um ihn per Volksentscheid ausbürgern zu lassen. Seinen ehemaligen Lehrern dankend.

Montag, September 18, 2006

What to do about the pope?

I really can't understand what is happening right now.
After the pope's speech on the one hand I see Jussuf al-Kardawi, who tells his "follower" to be on strike peacefully, until the pope "correctly" apologizes, which is somehow understandable to a certain point.
On the other hand I see muslim people on the streets burning a life-size pope doll and some flags (hey, no matter that the pope is German, lets burn some American flags, too). Where is YOUR respect for Christianity? You really want Christians to respect your religion and then twist and turn your own belief like that? In my opinion most of the people on the streets only follow orders from the spiritual leaders, but even politicians utter populist stuff without reading or listening to the pope's speech beforehand.
What would happen, if in return Christians would burn an Ayatollah Chamenei doll?
I don't want to now. But Christians keep still. I am sure that every way that does not lead to more violence and hatred is the right way, but Christians will have to think about how to stand their ground - peacefully and respectfully. I as a Recreational-Christian would yell at any other Christ being disrespectful towards the Islam or Judaism or whatever. That does not mean, I am against every religious joke - as long as it does not intimidate anyone.
If I don't respect, I can not expect to be respected. If I hate, I will be hated. It's as easy, folks.
Just try not to interpret everything the worst way possible, try to see something good in every statement!
And everyone who is against all this madness, tell the world, don't keep quiet.

I don't like how the world is developing.