BlogginBenjamin

Die multikulturellen Anwandlungen eines durchschnittlich-deutschen Kleinbürgers, der auf großem Fuß lebt und denselben mit Vorliebe in den mannigfaltigen Fettnäpfchen der Englischen Sprache platziert, wobei allein seine Muttersprache ausreichend Probleme für ihn bereit hielte um ihn per Volksentscheid ausbürgern zu lassen. Seinen ehemaligen Lehrern dankend.

Sonntag, November 12, 2006

Flash 8 Professional running under wine

If still don't know, why this did not cross my mind.
My problem was that I always had to boot my Windoze installation, if I wanted to develop Flash apps (I mean without the swfmill, mtasc, eclipse, stuff combo). That is so annoying. I don't want to leave my Linux just for that.

But the following saved my day:
Flash 8 running on Ubuntu Dapper

The whole process went so smoothly, it was awesome.
Now with wine Flash 8 is starting up way faster than it did under Windoughs. And the SWFs are at least performing just as well.
Even the inclusion of external classes is a breeze, and it doesn't mind, if the FLAs are situated on the native Window$ partition.

And everything I had to do was copying a few files from a to b followed by a registry export.

I am still moved to tears - sigh.

PS: Now I could really kick Redmond...